Welcome to our collection of 3D shape nets, a valuable resource for enhancing both mathematical understanding and real-world object recognition. This engaging activity offers a hands-on, interactive approach that children and students will undoubtedly enjoy. Whether you’re homeschooling, teaching preschool, pre-kindergarten, or kindergarten, this is a fantastic way to foster a deeper appreciation for geometry and spatial concepts.
Scroll down to download 3D Shape Nets Resources for Free!
What is a 3D (three-dimensional) form net?
A shape net is a group of linked 2D forms that may be folded into a 3D shape. It’s the deconstructed form of a three-dimensional shape.
How the 3D Shape Nets printable resource can help children to develop
These sheets will assist your children in:
- Learning the qualities of various 3D forms,
- Recognizing different 2D shapes inside 3D shapes,
- Learning the various properties of those shapes,
- Compare the differences between those shapes
- Constructing a 3D shape from a net.
Free Printable 3D Shape Nets and Activity Worksheets
These free printable worksheets include 7 Nets of different 3d shapes (14 pages) and exploring 3D shapes worksheets (2 pages).
Foldable 3D shapes (7 different shapes)
The following printable resource contains nets of common 3D shapes that your children should know. Each net sheet is available both with and without tabs to aid in sticking together and making 3D Shapes.
These 3D Shape Nets and Activity Worksheets include 7 shapes, which are:
- Cuboid (or rectangular prism)
- Triangular Prism
- Triangular based pyramid
- Square-based Pyramid
Exploring 3D Shapes Worksheets
With this activity using our 3D shapes worksheet, you can easily introduce and help them compare the shapes by counting the number of faces and edges or other characteristics.
Download Free 3D Shape Nets Resources Here!
It is illegal to use this poster for commercial without giving us credit by linking to our website www.LittleMultilingualMinds.com
How to use these foldable 3D shapes and exploring shapes worksheets
Step 1: Color and Cut.
Use crayons to color foldable 3D shape nets resource before cutting along the outside edge.
Step 2: Construct 3D Shapes
Fold inward along the inside line and then glue the flaps to hold the 3D shapes.
Step 3: Explore and Compare.
Use the exploring shape worksheets and the 3D shapes you just created to compare and discover them by counting the number of faces, edges, vertices, or other characteristics.
You can use this printable resource along with these 2D Shape Charts and 3D Shape Charts to introduce shapes to your children. We also provide you with a bunch of fun and easy shape activity ideas that you may play with your children.
Looking for more fun 2D and 3D shape resources?
- Free 3D Shapes Charts
- Free 2D Shapes Charts (from basic to advanced)
- 2D and 3D Shapes Flashcards (English)
- Bilingual Shape Flashcards in English and Spanish/Vietnamese/Japanese
- Shape Worksheets – a variety of no-prep shapes worksheets have been prepared to teach children to learn 2D and 3D shapes and to improve their fine motor skills by accurately tracing, coloring, drawing, and much more. Great resources for homeschool or for morning work, pencil control activities, scissor skills activities, and homework in classes. Click the images to preview these value bundles – you can save up to 35%!
More Free Printable Resources
- Flashcards of Alphabet and 28 Fun Alphabet Games
- Number Flashcards and 15 Fun Number Activities
- Weather Chart and Worksheets
- Printable Solar System Flashcards
At Little Multilingual Minds, your voice is more than just feedback. It would be our motivation to grow and do better through time.
Please feel free to give us feedback, embellish, modify, and expand these activities for your child. Share with us the pictures that your children are playing with these charts on our communities on Facebook and Instagram as well.
We love to hear your voice here!